We Are the
Nuneaton Hill Walking and Mountaineering Club which is a long-established group of people who have come together to share their love of hill and mountain walking.
What we do
Our main aim is to walk the hills and mountains in some of the most scenic parts of the England, Wales and Scotland. We also occasionally venture overseas with the same aim in mind.
Why join us
- We are open for new members across all levels of experience.
- We can provide informal help and advice to newcomers.
- All club walks are led by an experienced walker/mountaineer.
- We offer a full schedule of events ranging from simple local day walks, through weekends in the Lakes/Snowdonia and the like, to weeks in the Scottish Mountains (check out our 2023 programme for details of what we are currently planning).
- We have regular Thursday night social meets (see below for details).
- Membership automatically includes membership of the British Mountaineering Club (BMC) with its associated benefits of…
- Formal training at competitive rates
- Access to other clubs’ huts for venues, again at competitive rates
- We also arrange other events such as canoeing and cycling as well as ad-hoc social meets
Still got questions
Why not check out our FAQ page for further information.
Why not contact Colin on 024 7637 2587 for an informal chat or pop down to Attleborough Liberal Club, Bull Street Nuneaton at 8pm on a Thursday. We are to be found in the Pink room. PS Don’t forget to check out our programme first to make sure we’re not all off on a trip!
The BMC Participation Statement say that: The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.